Solar & Smart Energy | Workshop on Solar & Smart Energy for School Students
Solar Energy: Solar energy works by capturing the sun's energy and turning it into electricity for your home or business. Solar energy is radiant light and heat from the Sun that is harnessed using a range of ever-evolving technologies such as solar heating, photovoltaics, solar thermal energy, solar architecture, molten salt power plants and artificial photosynthesis.
Smart Energy : Smart energy is a cost-effective and sustainable energy system in which renewable energy production, infrastructures, and consumption are integrated and coordinated through energy services, active users, and enabling technologies.
About Workshop: Learn and Build a project on Solar and Smart Energy using Embedded System in this course. This includes practical exposure to solar energy production along with the real-life application of charging a battery. Students also learn the concepts of Smart energy and other industry trends like green energy, smart building, smart grid and energy harvesting technologies. In today's time its a need to switch to reneweable energy sources to save our climate, save non-renewable energy, reduce pollution, money saving etc. In this workshop students will learn about the benefits of renewable sources like Solar Energy with practical exposure on how to use solar energy and covert it to smart energy with some real time projects.
Topics To Be Covered In Workshop
- What is Solar Energy:
- Solar Energy need and Application
- Solar Thermal
- Solar Electricity
- What are Smart Energy System ?
- Other Renewable Energy Technologies
- Appropriate Technology for the Developing World
- Economics of Renewable Energy
- How photovoltaic cells work
- Solar cell efficiency
- Factors affecting cell performance
- Solar panel specifications
- Photovoltaic System Components
- Testing Solar Panel
- Harnessing Solar Energy for powering home appliances
- Basics of Electricity
- Power equations
- Basic electricity. Relationship of Watts, Volts and Amps.
- Ohm's Law
- Electrical circuits
- How batteries work
- How digital sensor works
- Detect an object with your digital sensor
- How to detect traffic density
- Introduction to Arduino
- Arduino Programming Basics
- Installation for Arduino Software.
- Software installation
- Graphical Programming Basics
- Exercise 1: Simple Led Program
- Exercise 2: Led Blinking
- Project 1: Traffic Light System
- Project 2: Smart Street Light System
- Connection and Assembling
- Project 3: Smart Car Parking System
- Project 4: LCD Integration & Message Printing on LCD
- Project 5: Testing smart energy project
- Project 6: Smart Traffic Control System
- Project 7: Solar powered Led Street Light With Auto Intensity Control
- Project 8: Design of Simple solar Charger Circuit for Mobile.
- Project 9: Sun Tracking Solar Panel
- Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants from Innovians Technologies.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the school workshops from Innovians Technologies.
Duration: The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with 5 -6 hours session each day in a total of 10 -12 Hours.
Eligibility: The pre-requisite for joining this workshop is zero. This Workshop is best suited for VII to XII Standard Students.