PCB Designing | Workshop on Electronics Circuit Designing, PCB Designing & Manufacturing
What is PCB Designing ?
A printed circuit board (PCB) mechanically supports and electrically connects electronic components using conductive tracks, pads and other features etched from copper sheets laminated onto a non-conductive substrate. Components — capacitors, resistors or active devices — are generally soldered on the PCB.
Why Learn PCB Designing ?
Today, many of our daily appliances and equipment use electronics, sensors and sophisticated computer technologies. Circuit Designing & PCB Designing is an integral part of any Electronic Gadget or Robotics. If you know how to design any circuit & logic behind it then you can do any innovation with your creative ideas.
You might be surprised at what you can design - you just have to have a 'problem' to utilize your knowledge. Even with some basic knowledge you can do some pretty cool things. A lot can be done with some transistors, op amps and logic gates.
When designing a circuit, think about what you want it to achieve. Then how do you think the circuit will do this? Start simple. What power source will you be using? A 9V battery? Sketch it down.
Then what? A status led? Draw that down, but remember it needs a resistor to 'protect' it. Does the circuit need to count for a certain amount of time after some sort of trigger? If so, think what you can use. See how by taking little steps you can create your own circuit? It may not be a super-dooper all-singing all-dancing circuit with a hundred ICs and crystals and bluetooth and all that stuff, but it's a circuit that you have made.
Here's what you'll learn by working in this workshop:
- Circuit design using software tools
- PCB fabrication as per design input
- Testing PCB after loading components
Topics to be Covered in this Workshop
Session I: Introduction to Basic Electronics
- Basic Electronics Components
- Resistor (Ohms Law, Voltage & Current)
- Integrated Circuit
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
- Practical Use of Electronics Components like Resistor, Capacitor & Diode.
Session II: Introduction to Circuit Designing (My First Circuit)
- Breadboard Description
- Hands on Session
- Circuit 1: Multi Level Water Tank Full Alert
- Circuit 2: Clap Controlled ON & OFF Circuit
Session III: PCB Designing
- PCB Design Software Installation Express PCB/Tina/Eagle.
- Introduction to PCB Design
- Understanding Board Layouts & Tools
- Schematic Editor Basics Schematic Capture PCB
- Compiling/Building the Project
- Project: Multi Level Water Tank Full Alert / Clap Controlled ON & OFF Circuit
- PCB Design Printing
Session IV: PCB Etching & Drilling
- Printing Circuit on PCB
- PCB Etching
- Drilling Holes on PCB for Components
Duration: The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with eight hour session each day in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hands on sessions.
- Certificate of Participation for all the workshop participants.
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a 'Certificate of Excellence'.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the campus workshops.
Eligibility: There are no prerequisites. Anyone interested, can join this workshop.