IoT | Workshop on Internet of Things using RaspberryPi
- What “the Internet of Things” means and how it relates to Cloud computing concepts
- How open platforms allow you to store your sensor data in the Cloud
- The basic usage of the RaspberryPi enviornment for creating your own embedded projects at low cost
- How to connect your RaspberryPi with your Android phone.
- How to send data to the Internet and talk to the Cloud.
- How to update sensor readings on Twitter (Social Networking Sites).
- Control a Relay Switch from anywhere across the world using IoT Platform from your Phone.
* Introduction to the Internet of Things
- The Internet of Things
- The Basics of Sensors & Actuators
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
* Understanding and Introduction to RPi
- What is SOC?
- Versions of Raspberry Pi & Their Difference
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Basics of Electronics
- Hardware Description
- Pin Configuration
* OS Installation on SD Card
- Downloading Image
- Study Various Operating Systems Available
- Making SD Card: Formatting and Partitions
- Raspberry Pi SD Installer
* OS Configuration
- Booting Into Desktop
- GUI Version
- CLI Desktop
- Changing Timezone
- Other Options
* Network Setup
- Setting Up Using GUI
- Setting Up Using Command Line
- Finding Pi’s IP Address
- Connecting with Wi-Fi/ LAN/ Datacard
- Study GPIO Pins
- Libraries Using Git
- Configuring GPIO Pins
* Pi using SSH
- Enabling SSH
- Logging in using Putty
- Run Basic Commands
- Use GPIO
- Understanding Linux
- File Structure
- Linux Commands
* Using Python
- Understanding Python
- Condition Statement
- Importing Libraries
Project 1: LED Program with Raspberry Pi
Project 2: Controlling LED with a Switch using Raspberry Pi.
Project 3: Integrating IR Sensor with Raspberry Pi.
Project 4: Integrating Temperature & Humidity Sensor with Raspberry Pi read Current Enviornment Values.
Project 5: Reading Environmental Values on Android Smartphone.
- Talking to your Android Phone with RaspberryPi
- Connecting RaspberryPi with Mobile Device.
- The Android Mobile OS.
- Using the Bluetooth Module
Project 6: Control Devices using Localhost Web Server for Home Automation.
- Integrating Ethernet Module & Testing DHCP Connection
- Creating Program for Localhost Web Server for controlling devices.
Project 7: Send Sensor Data on Cloud Server.
- Cloud Computing
- Communicating with the Cloud using Web Services.
- Cloud Computing & IoT.
- Popular Cloud Computing Services for Sensor Management.
Project 8: Automatically Tweet Sensor Data on Twitter.
Project 9: Control Electronic Devices from anywhere across the world using Internet & Mobile App.
Duration: The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with 6-7 hour session each day in a total of 12-14 hours.
Eligibility: The are no prerequisites for joining this workshop. Any one interested, can join this workshop. While a basic C Programming would be helpful, it is not compulsory. Student from Electronics, Electrical, Instrumentation, CS/IT any branch student can attend this workshop.
- Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants from Innovians Technologies.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the workshops from Innovians Technologies.