Imagine a robot chum picking up your call and doing what you want!! MIND BOGGLING!!!!!!!
Does the above scenario sound like an idea taken from a sci-fiction? Well stop dreaming buddies since
the probability for it to occur is ONE !!!!
Presenting to you MOBILE ROBOTICS, a new discipline in the ever growing field of Robotics. These days everyone from the student to the business owner seems to have a cell phone. So why not harness its full potential and prove your engineering minds? Mobile Robotics is a workshop based on controlling the robot from your cell phone.
This workshop will provide school students a base to mobile/GSM robotics. They will learn the Automation technology and get better understanding and grip on its application. They will be developing their own models by their own hands. These projects focus on the application and use of technology rather than their internal working so that a person can grasp the concepts well. Attendees will be provided with instructions to build and manage their own robotics kit.
Manual Robotics is a manual remote control robot which works & moves on the instruction of human with the help of a wired Remote. A Line Follower is a well known application of robot where a Robot follows a black/white line on an arena. Mobile Robotics is again a well known application of robot where in a robot is being controlled with the use of Mobile Phones.
This workshop will provide the rich hands-on experience to the participants on designing the three different kinds of robots (Manual Robot, Line Follower Robot & Mobile Controlled Robot) in a single workshop.
Session I: Introduction to Basic Electronics
1. Basic Electronics Components
1.1. Resistor (Ohms Law, Voltage & Current)
2. Basics of Motor
6. IR Sensors
7. Practical Use of Electronics Components like Resistor, Capacitor & Diode.
Session II: Introduction to Robotics & My First Robot (Manual Robot)
2. Robots, Robotics
3. Definition, Present Stages of Robotics
4. Future of Robotics
5. Type of Robots
a. Mechanical Robot
b. Autonomous Robot
c. Beam Robot
d. Humanoid Robots
6. Laws of Robotics: Isaac Asimov’s Law
7. Basic Parts of a Robot
8. Mechanical System
9. Power Supply
10. Types of Motors
11. DC Motors: Construction & Characteristics
12. Types of Switches
14. DTMF IC
15. Hands on Session for development and designing of a manual robot.
Session III: Assembly of Robot
1. Assembling of Mobile Robotics Kit
3. Interfacing of DTMF
4. Interfacing of Motor Driver
5. Interfacing of IR Sensors
6. Hands on for designing and development for Mobile Controlled Robot
7. Hands on for designing and development for Line Follower Robot.