STAAD Pro is an analysis and design software package for structural engineering, used in performing the analysis and design of a wide variety of types of structures. This implies that it addresses all aspects of structural engineering including model development, verification, analysis, design and review of results. It includes advanced dynamic analysis and push over analysis for wind load and earthquake load.
Students are introduced to the concepts of structure modelling, analysis, design and documentation. This course offers hands-on exercises representing real-world structural design scenarios.
- Structural Analysis capabilities of STAAD Pro.
- Preprocessing, analysis and post processing
- Working methodology of general finite element based analysis software
- Modeling issues, Idealization
- Types of Structural Analyses
- Types of static and dynamic loadings
- Reinforced Concrete and Steel
Topics to be Covered in Workshop
Day 1- 3D Structure Analysis and Design Using STAAD PRO
- Introduction to general features in STAAD PRO.
- Introduction to Staad and its components.
- Introduction to Structural Analysis
- Role of Structural Analysis in Civil Engineering Projects
- Classification of Structures
- Analytical Models
- Analysis of Continuous Beams
- Analysis of Plane Truss
- Analysis of Portal Frame
- Modelling of 3D Portal Frame from 2D Portal Frame
- How to Merge Two Structures
- Modelling Technique Using Cut and Paste and User Tables
- Analysis of Grillage Structures
- Analysis of Plate Structures
- Analysis and Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Simply Supported Beam with Full Lateral Restraint
- Simply Supported Beam with Lateral Restraint at Point Loads
- Simply Supported Beam without Intermediate Restraints
- Column with Pinned Ends and Intermediate Support
- Super Structure Design – Covers both Steel and Concrete Members.
- Assigning Code to Structure.
- Assigning Various Parameters to Structure.
- Slenderness and Unsupported Length Commands.
- Assigning Commands to Structure.
- Performing Analysis after Design.
- Working with Editor Input file of Staad.
- Familiarity with Various Commands used in Staad Input File.
- Using Post Processing Command in the Structure.
- Analyzing various Analysis Results at various members and
- Viewing Staad Output File – Design File of Structure.
Duration: The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with eight hour session each day in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hands on sessions.
- Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants from Innovians Technologies.
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organised among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a'Certificate of Excellence'.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the campus workshops.
Eligibility: This workshop is best suited for Civil Engineering branch. It's a basic level workshop so there are no prerequisites. Any one interested, can join this workshop.
Fee: Rs. 1000/-(inclusive of all Taxes) per participant.