Workshop on Python
Python: Python is a programming language that lets you work more quickly and integrate your systems more effectively. You can learn to use Python and see almost immediate gains in productivity and lower maintenance costs.
Python is a remarkably powerful dynamic programming language that is used in a wide variety of application domains. Python is often compared to Tcl, Perl, Ruby, Scheme or Java. Some of its key distinguishing features include:
- very clear, readable syntax
- strong introspection capabilities
- intuitive object orientation
- natural expression of procedural code
- full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages
- exception-based error handling
- very high level dynamic data types
- extensive standard libraries and third party modules for virtually every task
- extensions and modules easily written in C, C++ (or Java for Jython, or .NET languages for IronPython)
- embeddable within applications as a scripting interface.
- Web and Internet Development
- Database Access
- Desktop GUIs
- Scientific and Numeric Computing
- Network Programming
- Software Development
- Game and 3D Graphics
Companies using Python:
- Google, Yahoo!, Youtube, CERN,NASA,ILM, ITA and many more !
Topics to be Covered in Workshop
- Python Interpreter
- Shebang code
- Executable Python Script
- Interactive Python
- Python syntax
- Conditional Statements
- Operators and Loops
- Data Structures
- Lists and Tuples
- Sets and Dicts
- String Formatting
- Reading and Writing Files
- User defined Functions
- Keyword arguments
- Lambda forms Built-in functions
- Date and Time
- Standard Libraries (Useful Modules)
- User Interface and Interaction
- Exception Handling
- Instance Method
- Class Method
- Database Connectivity
Eligibility: It's a basic level workshop so there are no prerequisites. Any one interested, can join this workshop.
- Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants from Innovians Technologies.
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a 'Certificate of Excellence'.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the campus workshops
Duration: The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with eight hour session each day in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hands on sessions.
Fees: Rs. 1000/- (inclusive of all Taxes) per participant.