Process Design Engineering
Process Plant means an industrial occupancy where materials, including flammable liquids, combustible liquids or Class 2 gases, are produced or used in a process. Process plant industry covers a wide spectrum of industries like Oil & Gas Production, Chemical, Nuclear Fuel Processing, Petroleum Refining, Gas Supply, Electricity Generation, Steel, Water & Sewerage, Food & Dring Industry. The Program focusses on Process Equipments, Layout, Piping Design, Plot Plans & Isometrics for Process Plant Engineering with Practical Examples.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Basic design requirements based on the types of plants / projects.
- Introduction to PFD, P&ID and PDS of equipments.
- Relevant Codes and Standards used in industry.
- Development of PFD: Process & Utility.
- Mass and Energy balance - Design Basis, Sample Calculations and Utility Sizing.
- Interlocks, Control Philosophy, Valves Selection and sizing, Safety valves sizing.
- Development of P&ID: Process and Utility, Line Sizing & Pressure Drop Calculations.
- Pump Selection and sizing.
- Heat Exchanger Design (Thermal Design).
- Distillation Column Design.
- Available Software used in industry and their applications.
Topics to be Covered in Workshop
- Introduction about Process Design
- How to use Industry based Process Design & Simulation Software like ASPEN Hysis or UNISIM
- Case studies:
1. Atmospheric Crude Tower using Oil Assay Data
2. Production of Synthesis Gas
3. Dehydration Natural Gas using TEG
4. Sour Water Stripper Column
5. Propane Refrigeration Cycle
Eligibility: Chemical, Oil & Gas, Production Engineering Branch Students. Students entering into 2nd Year to Final Year Students can participate in this training Program. However students from any branch can participate in this training program.
- Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants from Innovians Technologies.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the campus workshops
Duration: 5 Days - The duration of this workshop will be five consecutive days, with 6-7 hour session each day.
Fees: Rs. 2500/- (inclusive of all Taxes) per participant (Min 40 Participants).