MobileRobotics | Workshop on Mobile Controlled Robotics
MobileROBOTICS is the advance level workshop in which you can control your robot using your mobile phone. This workshop is dedicated to designing and controlling your machine using a cellphone. It also deals with microcontroller programming and customizing for mobile controlled machines. After the workshop, a student will be able to come up with a machine which can be controlled by using a remote Cellphone.
Topics to be covered in Workshop
Session 1: Introduction to Basic Electronics
Electronics Components related to mobile robotics
How Transistors are used in practical Circuit?
How Capacitors are used in Filter circuits?
How can someone choose the value of Resistors and their practical use?
What are Integrated Circuits? Which ICs are commonly used and How?
What are Photo sensors?
Session 2: Introduction to Atmel's ATmega 8/16/32 microcontroller
- What is Microcontroller?
- Difference between microcontroller and micro processor?
- Microcontroller Architecture and interfacing
- How can we use a microcontroller in our own circuits?
- Microcontroller Programming in 'C'
- Writing your First 'C' Program in AVR Studio
- Compilation and debugging
- Loading Compiled 'C' Program on a Microcontroller using Robosapiens 'AVR
- Loader v1.0 Beta'
Session 3: DTMF decoder ICs
- What is DTMF?
- Interfacing of DTMF ICs
- Concept and Algorithms
- Testing of a DTMF Circuits
Session 4: Development of a Mobile phone Controlled Robot
- Assembling of Mobi-botricks Kit
- Programming of Atmega 8 microcontroller for Mobile control Robot
- Testing of Final Circuit
- Test run of Mobile Controlled Robot
Duration: The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with eight hour session each day in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hands on sessions.
- Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants from Innovians Technologies.
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a 'Certificate of Excellence'.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the campus workshops.
Eligibility: It's a basic level workshop so there are no prerequisites. Any one interested, can join this workshop.
Fee: Rs. 1350/-(inclusive of all Taxes) per participant. *Take away complimentary kit for a team of 4 or 5 Participants.