India is host to a whole world of buildings and monuments that are more than 1000 years old! Be it an earthquake, a tsunami, tremors or accidents – the old pillars have stood strong and tight. The QutubMinar has withstood multiple earthquakes throughout its history, so has the Taj. Not just this, there are several examples of structures that have stood the test of time all over the world. It is any civil engineer’s dream to see their structure stand tall and with proper design and analysis it is possible to make buildings extremely strong with its robust “Foundation”. With this in mind we presents this workshop on “Foundation Analysis and Design”. It is evident that foundation is the very important part of a civil engineering project. The objective of the Foundation Analysis workshop is to teach students the appropriate approach towards soil foundation analysis used in construction projects.
Empower yourself, design a structure and see results in real time.
Topics to be covered in Foundation Analysis Workshop
Lecture Session (3-4 Hour)
· Foundation Engineering
o Shallow Foundation
o Pile Foundation
o Overview of Caisson Foundation and Machine Foundation
· Suitable foundation system for the structure
· Different modes of Footing Failures
· Design principles of Footing conforming to Indian Standards
Practical Session – Hands On Session on Industry Grade Software (11-12 Hours)
· Industrial approach to projects
· Setting up different load cases
· Analysis and design of Isolated Footing
· Analysis and design of Combined Footing
· Analysis and design of Mat /Raft Footing
· Analysis and design of Flat Footing
· Reinforcement detailing of footing and slab
· Case studies on industrial projects
Duration: The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with six hour session each day in a total of twelve hours.
Eligibility: It's a basic level workshop so there are no prerequisites. Anyone interested, can join this workshop.
Fee: Rs. 1000/- (inclusive of all Taxes) per participant.