Data Analytics using R
Data analytics (DA) is the process of examining data sets in order to draw conclusions about the information they contain, increasingly with the aid of specialized systems and software. Analysis of data is a process of inspecting, cleaning, transforming, and modeling data with the goal of discovering useful information, suggesting conclusions, and supporting decision-making.
Topics to be covered in Workshop (20% Theory & 80% Hands-On Session)
- History of R
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Downloading and installing
- How to find documentation
- Using the R console
- Getting help
- Learning about the environment
- Writing and executing scripts
- Saving your work
- Finding resources
- Installing resources
Data Structures, Variables
- Variables and assignment
- Data types
- Indexing, subsetting
- Viewing data and summaries
- Naming conventions
Getting Data into the R Environment
- Built-in data
- Reading data from structured text files
- Reading data using ODBC
- Truth testing
- Vectorized calculations
Functions in Depth
- Return values
- Variable scope
- Exception handling
Handling Dates in R
- Date and date-time classes in R
- Formatting dates for modeling
- Continuous data
- Categorical data
- Bivariate correlation
- T-test and non-parametric equivalents
- Chi-squared test
- Distribution testing
- Power testing
Group By Calculations
- Split apply combine strategy
- Base graphics system in R
- Scatterplots, histograms, barcharts, box and whiskers, dotplots
- Labels, legends, Titles, Axes
- Exporting graphics to different formats
Advanced R Graphics: GGPlot2
- Understanding the grammar of graphics
- Quick plot function
- Building graphics by pieces
- Linear models
- Regression plots
- Confounding / Interaction in regression
- Scoring new data from models (prediction)
- We will use Rstudio and Rpackage for the Practice
- We will cover one real time project ex : Patanjali product analysis, Snapdeal analysis..
Duration: The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with 6-7 hour session each day in a total of 12-14 hours.
- Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants from Innovians Technologies.
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a 'Certificate of Excellence'.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the campus workshops.
Eligibility: It's a basic level workshop so there are no prerequisites. Anyone interested, can join this workshop.
Fee: Rs. 1000/- (inclusive of all Taxes) per participant.