Workshop on Bridge Design
Bridge Design is a vital topic of study in Civil Engineering. In the Bridge Design Workshop, participants will design and fabricate their own bridge. The bridge model made by participants can take up to 1000 times the self-weight. The workshop includes instruction on the key structural components of Structural engineering and bridge construction – beams, arches, trusses, suspensions, and test for maximum load.
The main objective is to present practical and economical methods for evaluating, inspecting, strengthening and rehabilitating bridges.
- Design, Fabricate and Test your own Bridge
- Exposure to new technologies involved in Bridge Engineering
- Understanding the concepts of different Bridges with case studies
- Competition to measure efficiency of the fabricated Bridge.
- Lecture - 4 Hrs
- Design - 5 Hrs
- Fabrication - 4 Hrs
- Testing and Competition - 2.5 Hrs
Topics to be Covered in Workshop
- Bridge Engineering
- An Introduction
- Design concepts involved in different types of Bridges
- Principles of Limit States Design
- Geotechnical Site Characterization & Design Parameter Selection
- Different Designing Concepts
- Modeling and Analysis of sample Bridges using Industry grade software
- Structural responses due to different loads
- Case studies for better understanding of Bridge Design concepts.
Duration: The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with eight hour session each day in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hands on sessions.
- Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants from Innovians Technologies.
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a'Certificate of Excellence'.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the campus workshops.
Eligibility: This workshop is best suited for Civil Engineering branch. It's a basic level workshop so there are no prerequisites. Any one interested, can join this workshop.
Fee: Rs. 1000/-(inclusive of all Taxes) per participant.