Industrial Automation & Embedded System
The Main Objective of this Workshop is to make the aspiring engineers acquainted with the conceptual as well as practical knowledge of the Industrial Automation, Embedded System & Latest Technologies being used to achieve Automation.
What is Industrial Automation ?
Automation is basically the delegation of human control function to technical equipment. It is the use of control systems such as computers, PLCs, Microcontrollers to control machinery and processes to reduce the need for human sensory and mental requirements as well.
Industrial Automation i.e. to "Automate Industry" is the basic need of almost every type of manufacturing and production unit today. Food/ Beverage, Metal, Mining, Power, Textile, Petrochemical, Machine Manufacturing, Automobile etc are the few examples where we see the automation today.
Topics to be covered in Android Workshop
Session I: Presentation on Recent Trends in Industrial Automation & PLC-SCADA (Duration: 2 Hours)
- Introduction To Automation
- Why We Need Automation
- Where Automation?
- Evolution In Industrial Automation (A Brief History)
- Different Type Of Industrial Control Mechanisms
- Introduction To PLCs
- PLC v/s Microcontrollers
- Area Of Applications
- DATA Flow During Automation
- Motor Drives Introduction & Their Need
- Sensors Introduction & Their Need
- HMI Introduction & Its Need
- SCADA Introduction& Its Need
Session II- Detail study of PLC (Duration: 1 Hours)
Session III- PLC Programming, I/Os Basics, Burning & Interfacing Concepts (Duration: 1 Hour)
- Allen Bradley & Rockwell Automation’s Details
- Brief Description To Input/ Output Pins Of Micrologix-1000
- Ladder Diagram Basics
- Introduction To RSLogix
- Downloading A Ladder Program In PLC Using RSLinx.
- How To Take Input From Panel
- How To Give Output To Panel
- Running First PLC Application
Session IV- Hands on Session on PLC Training Kit
Software: RsLogix, RsLinx (Duration: 2 Hours)
Session V- Introduction about Microcontroller (Duration: 1 Hours)
- Introduction about Embedded System
- Introduction about Microcontroller
- AVR Microcontroller
- Difference between C & Embedded C
Session VI- Understanding Microcontroller & Embedded Board (30 Minutes)
Session VI- Programming (Duration: 1 Hours)
- Introduction to Microcontroller Programming
- Writing Program for Microcontroller
- LED Blinking Programming>
- IR Sensor Interfacing
- Motor & Motor Driver Interfacing
- LCD Interfacing
Session VII- Hands on Session on Microcontroller Kit. (2 Hours)
Software used Keil / CvAVR.
Session VIII – Competition (1 Hour 30 Minute)
Eligibility Criteria : There are no prerequisite for the workshop so that anyone interested can participate in the workshop. All Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Electronics & Instrumentation, Chemical, and Instrumentation & Control Engineering Student can join this workshop.
- Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants from Innovians Technologies.
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a 'Certificate of Excellence'.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the campus workshops
Duration: The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with eight hour session each day in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hands on sessions.
Fees: Rs. 1000/- (inclusive of all Taxes) per participant.
* This fee include workshop training, study material, tool Kit, certification, government taxes and other human resources charges.